Sunday, January 8, 2012

Music on One Tree Hill

Music plays a huge role on “One Tree Hill.” For the 8th season, different artists came to the studio and sang their own version of “I Don’t Want to Be” (originally by Gavin DeGraw). 
DeGraw still performs the song in a few episodes of the season and this original is still my favorite. I think it fits best with the opening credits. The pacing and tone both work. Although--this may just be because I’m so used to hearing Gavin DeGraw’s version!
Another one of my favorite opening credits performances is by Kate Voegele (Mia on the show). It’s always fun to have one of the characters singing the songs. Plus, it doesn't hurt that she has an amazing voice.
I’m thinking someone like Adele could really work for singing “I Don’t Want to Be.” I feel like she would keep the integrity of the song. Every once in awhile one of the performances would be completely changed and it was kind of jarring. I could see Adele making it her own, yet keeping the heart of the original. 
If you could pick someone to perform the song during the opening credits of “One Tree Hill,” who would it be? 
Check out Season 8 of “One Tree Hill” on DVD and UltraViolet and be sure to check out the Season 9 premiere on Wednesday, January 11 at 8/7c on The CW! I’m so excited. This show is like crack to me.


PS. Did anyone see the Halloween episode in Season 8 where the kids dress up as Harry, Ron and Hermione... and Clay was Edward Cullen. So. Funny.
One Tree Hill - Season 8 on DVD & UltraViolet
I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote One Tree Hill Season Eight on DVD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)