Monday, February 20, 2012

Puberty, Skin Conditions & Snockhockey-A Guest Post by Jaime Buckley

As some of you may know, I have been outrageously busy with school this semester, so I reached out to some friends to see if they would like to do guest posts. Luckily, author Jaime Buckley agreed to do a series of posts for me! Here is the first one--thank you so much, Jaime!  
_____________________________________________________
What does a kidnapping, 11 children, a senile old wizard, a beautiful Samoan woman and a green-skinned elf wearing polka dotted boxer shorts have in common?

They have all been critical in the creation of an epic YA fantasy series.

Now, I may be bias, being the author and all—but I have to admit, this is the most important job I have ever had in my life. The creation of a story that you might read and enjoy.

No, I’m not trying to be sarcastic. I’m serious here. More often than not, we forget how powerful stories can be in our lives and how they often shape the very nature of who we are. I can say that as a father to 11 amazing children, all bookworms, and also as an author who has seen the effect of my own stories on others—because they write and tell me.

That being said, authors have a great responsibility…but more importantly, a great honor in creating a vehicle that affects the human soul to one degree or another.

But what is it that hooks us? What is it about Young Adult Fiction stories that grab our attention, melts our heart, challenges our mind and energizes our soul? Is it the might and magic, the honor and glory, the inner conflict of the protagonist…or perhaps the hyperventilating wizard distraught over seeing a fat person in spandex?

It doesn’t matter if you’re a fan of the supernatural, mysteries, drama, paranormal romance, sci-fi, horror or the good ‘ol epic fantasy…I believe this mini-series will be worth your time.

_____________________________________________
Thanks again, Jaime! I can't wait to read the rest of the articles. Be on the lookout for Part 2 soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)