Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pottermore... So What is it?

I am writing this on no sleep and way too much coffee, but Pottermore is here! I loved following all of the #Pottermore tweets... it was highly entertaining. These are the days when I love social media (okay, I love it all of the time). 





Edited to add links to pictures!
*Pottermore Gateway to Gryffindor
*Hogwarts Express
*The Chessboard Chamber
*Christmas at Hogwarts
*JK Rowling
*JK Rowling at Pottermore Office (PS. How amazing would it be to work there?)
Here are parts of the press release, which you can find all of here:
*"For this groundbreaking collaborative project, J.K. Rowling has written extensive new material about the characters, places and objects in the much-loved stories, which will inform, inspire and entertain readers as they journey through the storylines of the books. Pottermore will later incorporate an online shop where people can purchase exclusively the long-awaited Harry Potter eBooks, in partnership with J.K. Rowling’s publishers worldwide, and is ultimately intended to become an online reading experience, extending the relevance of Harry Potter to new generations of readers, while still appealing to existing fans."


*"On entering, you choose a magic username and begin your experience. As you move through the chapters, you can read and share exclusive writing from J.K. Rowling, and, just as Harry joins Hogwarts, so can you. You visit Diagon Alley, get sorted into a house, cast spells and mix potions to help your house compete for the House Cup."


*"J.K. Rowling’s announcement on YouTube and sony.com today revealed that Pottermore (along with the Pottermore Shop) will be open to all users in October 2011. From today, 23rd June, fans can submit their email addresses on Pottermore.com in order to be contacted by the site following the opening of registration on 31st July, Harry’s birthday. Also on that date, an online challenge will be launched, whereby the first million people to complete their registration will gain early entry into the website, and help put final touches to the experience."


So, we don't have too much information, but on July 31, you can find out how to gain early access into Pottermore. Then it is open to the general public in October. Original content, ebooks, audiobooks. My wallet is going to hate me. It's all still sort of mysterious, but exciting! Plus, this video sort of rocks. The things they did with that book are amazing. So, what are your thoughts? I'll come back and comment more once I am a little more coherent. <3

2 comments:

  1. That pesky pottermore site has so much traffic I can't even submit my email to the list! Love it :) So, are you a fan of HP? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fiktshun

    Haha I know! My mom has been trying to submit her email forever.

    I'm just a little, itty, bitty Potter fan. No more than the average person on the street really. haha /endheavysarcasm

    I have a theory that everyone in the world is either a Harry Potter fan or a closet Harry Potter fan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)