Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Judge a Book by its Cover: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Today we have Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling.

1. US Hardcover


2. UK Hardcover Children's


3. UK Celebratory Edition

4. UK Hardcover Adult's


5. UK Special Edition


6. UK Signature Edition


All pictures from Amazon and Amazon UK

I find it interesting that all but Number 4 feature Harry and Dumbledore in some capacity. Numbers 2, 3 and 6 all use the same image. The ring of fire really gives a sense of adventure and draws me in. Number 5 shows them on top of rocks and Number 1 shows them looking at something (the pensieve). Number 4 is the only one to not have people on the cover and it shows a book. We know this to be the half-blood prince's potions book and I love how old and dingy it looks. Weirdly, I actually think Number 4 is my favorite, but this may be because I know the story.

Which one is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)