Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Judge a Book by its Cover: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Today we have  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  by JK Rowling. 


1. US Hardcover:


2: UK Hardcover Children's:


3. UK Hardcover Adult's:


4. UK Hardcover Special Edition:


5: UK Hardcover Signature Edition:
All images from Amazon and Amazon UK


Here I own Numbers 1 and 3. The editions of Prisoner of Azkaban seem to be a bit different than either Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. In Number 1, I love Harry and Hermione riding the hippogriff. I think it is super cute and it keeps up with the adventure theme from the two previous covers. I think this is the first time the UK Children's Hardcover is similar to the US cover and I appreciate that. This is probably my least favorite of the UK Adult Hardcovers (Number 3). It reminds me of Shutter Island or something. Number 4 is kind of cool. I don't think I have ever seen this one before. I actually really like the "Harry Potter" font used. Number 5 is basically Number 2 with a different border. I do like how it has JK Rowling's signature instead of the usual way the author's name is displayed. It would be pretty cool to have a copy of this one.

Which one is your favorite?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)