Monday, April 18, 2011

Judge a Book by its Cover: Uglies

Today we have Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. You can read my review here.


All pictures from Amazon

All of these covers are completely different, I love the first two and the third kind of creeps me out! The tagline, "In a world of extreme beauty, anyone normal is ugly" is one of my favorites. It is thought provoking and interesting. I really like the blue-grey of the girl's eye on the first one. I do also prefer the font on the first one. Originality wise, the second would have to win for me. The dish with the random parts of Barbies in them is crazy. It would make me want to read this book. I am so confused by the third cover that I just don't even know what to say. I'm confused on why the author's name is spelled differently on the first two. It is 'Westerfeld,' correct?

Which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I have a copy of the first cover, so I'm partial to it as well.

    I know what you mean about the second being really eye-catching, but the thing that's weird for me is that I've actually seen the same image used on another book cover before for a book called Plastic by Sarah N. Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa

    Oh man! I had no idea that second image was used for another cover as well. I always find it funny/weird when that happens. It happened in my IMM this week with a YA book and an adult novel and I found that to be especially interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series and adore the new covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com

    I have only read the first 2, but I'm excited to read the others!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, my friends. I love to chat with you guys. :)